Well, I remember in 1983, when we moved her, it had snowed..and it was April! Also, there were several years that it was too cold, snowy and icy when the circus came to town, and the circus parade down Mercury Blvd. was cancelled!
I remember a decent snow the day after Christmas 05 (or04). We left to go skiing that day at Snowshoe and we missed it. I couldn't believe that it finally snowed at home and I missed, however I did see snow! Great job with your blog!!! I really like it!
It snows in Virginia quite a bit. Just not Tidewater Virginia. I was showing the students a video of the Jamestown founding and there was a scene with snow (talking about their first winter here being cold and hard) and I said, "Look! That's when it snowed here last! In 1607!"
The last time I remember a really good snow was about 4 years ago.
ReplyDeleteWell, I remember in 1983, when we moved her, it had snowed..and it was April! Also, there were several years that it was too cold, snowy and icy when the circus came to town, and the circus parade down Mercury Blvd. was cancelled!
ReplyDeleteMy mother in law says it always snows when the circus comes to town.
ReplyDeleteI lent my shovel to our next door neighbor during the snow four years ago. I was going to let my own snow melt, but he shoveled our driveway too.
ReplyDeleteI remember a decent snow the day after Christmas 05 (or04). We left to go skiing that day at Snowshoe and we missed it. I couldn't believe that it finally snowed at home and I missed, however I did see snow!
ReplyDeleteGreat job with your blog!!! I really like it!
It snows in Virginia quite a bit. Just not Tidewater Virginia. I was showing the students a video of the Jamestown founding and there was a scene with snow (talking about their first winter here being cold and hard) and I said, "Look! That's when it snowed here last! In 1607!"
ReplyDeleteI put a picture of that last good snowfall the day after Christmas on my blog.
ReplyDeleteHappy, Happy Birthday, Mrs. Parent! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your head, and all other parts!
Love,
Becky